Use the Right Tools to Segment and Search Candidates
Finding the right talent can be time consuming and costly, but getting your decisions right the first time is critical. When you consider the costs of recruiting and training, plus poor work performance and disruptions in the work place, and add damage to the company’s reputation, the hidden total cost could literally reach tens of millions of dollars. To make the right decision, you first must be specific about your search.
Too Many Unqualified Candidates
Sometimes your hiring manager has too many candidates, making differentiation and ranking difficult. The process of narrowing your candidate list by hand is a huge waste of time and resources. Here are some easy steps you can take:
- Do a little keyword research for your online job description to help attract qualified candidates and weed out the rest.
- Be specific about the qualifications and experience you want.
- If you’re hiring for an executive position, post to a job board that specializes in executive job searches (like 6FigureJobs.com).
Too Few Total Candidates
If you’re not bringing in enough qualified candidates, consider these simple steps:
- Leverage social networks and encourage your employees to leverage their social media channels as well.
- Improve the SEO of your careers page and try to attract more organic traffic.
Not Enough Time to Segment and Search Candidates
If you’re doing everything by hand, you’ve got some systemic process issues to address. The key is to use the right tools and technologies. Automated hiring solutions produce 18% faster hiring. Here are some tips:
Use an applicant tracking system that can weed out candidates who don’t have the right qualifications or experience or don’t have the right keywords in their resumes.
- Automate the placement of your job postings to boards and communities with an automated tool.
- Use a prescreening tool (like SalesSelector) to narrow down your list of candidates.
 Herbert, How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer, 2001
 Peter Ostrow, CallidusCloud C3 Keynote Presentation, 2012
|« sales Talent Management Solutions|||||Prescreen Your Candidates Before You Interview Them »|